Monday 8 December 2008

another day... another thought

ok so its been a while...

in the last week, i have been inspired by song. i told you about writing an article based on luther's dance with my father again... i did. i shall share with you soonish. i am still a bit shy about it. (yeah right!)

today, it seems i am getting even cheesier by the minute. i was trying to think who was the most important person in my life and surprise surprise another tear jerker sprung to mind. i thought about the song 'wind beneath my wings'. there have been so many variations of this song and i think i have lost track of the original but it really got me thinking about a lot of things. i will share within the week, i promise.

but for this very moment what am i thinking about? i am thinking about the fact that people underestimate love and its meaning. i just wrote something about that (again i will share soonish) and i admit that i sound like such a cynic in that note (it wasnt intentional). i just believe that a lot of people claim to love or be in love without actually understanding the responsibility attached to practising that emotion with its truest intentions. what is this insomniac rambling on about? .... all in due course but in the mean time, tell me this, do you really really really love someone? yes? how do you know?

5 comments:

CaramelD said...

I know I love someone because I can put their needs in front of mine without any effort. Because they have the power to hurt me more than anyone else and because I would happily break the bones of anyone who would harm them.

I know what you mean though, I really really love only a handful of people!

doug said...

First of all, whats with all this 'post this soonish' 'post that soonish'? lol

When do I know I love someone? Its hard for me to tell since I'm not sure I actually have yet, but I suppose the answer for me would be if having to see/call the person constantly doesnt get on my nerves.
Sounds silly I know, but I'm serious.

Sally said...

doug... you make me laugh!!! yeah soonish means i will put up some really interesting thoughts... soon! lol.

you havent loved? or you are not sure you have? i love the idea of calling/seeing not getting on your nerves. its not absurd. it makes absolute sense.

caramelD ;-). i will have to get you to test this your love. i will put up the article for you to digest...

doug said...

@Sally: [drumming fingers] Update!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Emm.. i dont know..i think its just in things that you do u always want to see the person happy at least thats how i feel when i really love my friends and my family i like their world perfect i dont even want to hear the shout!fiest time here ..love it!