Saturday 29 November 2008

and...

I am still going on about that song, Breathless because it's stuck in my head and it will not go away. The lyrics are so emotional really.

I was watching the magic channel on TV as well and there was a song that made me cry (Yes I am a bit emotional tonight). There is Jania's wedding coming up in April and another wedding coming up in December (am I allowed to discuss this yet? Please let me know. You know who you are). I play big parts in both wedding and I suppose I have been planning speeches and poetry and listening to music for inspiration.

Ok sorry, i went off on a tangent there. Was I telling you about a song that made me cry? It was Luther Vandross - Dance with my father again. OK I don't know if that's the title of the song but my goodness, the lyrics....

Can I ask a random question at this point? OK I dont mind relating this to myself. When I was a child, my father could do no wrong. Everything he did was right and perfect. When I grew up and realised that he was human and subject to frailties like everyone else, I was devastated. What is your relationship with your father like? I have to write something about this. Watch out for it tomorrow or the day after, I promise.

So back to weddings, trying to think of the perfect thing to do for these two weddings. At Malaika and Simbarashe's wedding, I did a literary piece. Basically I read this piece out and was out of sight at the time. It was read to the beginning of KC and Jojo's 'all my life'. OK so I read it and I might have been a bit emotional at the time... when I was done and surfaced, I realised that I had half the guests in tears. OK that was weird. It was flattering but overwhelming. People were blubbering over this piece (including my dad which definitely made me choke because it was the first time I saw him cry. He asked me later why I was surprised and seemed a bit irritated by the fact that apparently I thought he was made of stone. LOL!). I then went on to introduce their first dance and I cried in the corner as well. I recreated the concept at Amaka and Peter's wedding. I enjoyed that too.

Anyway, do you want to see what it is I wrote for Malaika and Simba? I'll post it next.

2 comments:

ty x said...

who is getting married in december? lol!

Sally said...

well whenever they confess then i can talk about it. lol.