Saturday 29 November 2008

Life's fabric

in my phantasm tonight
behold before me
i connect...
the changing faces of my life's many phases
and
the hearts i met and let in
whilst i traversed those dreary or hardly dreary
places
i recollect...
you from the past
you who did or didn't last
you who journeys on with or without me fast
.... and you!
life is a partially sewn fabric
you added a stitch
if you hurt me
its alright, i forgive you
for in hindsight
though life was longer, i got stronger
what can i say? i awoke to yet another day
another switch, another stitch
and if i hurt you
hate me not
perhaps in the contentment i sought
i spared you not a befitting thought
but
i gave you one more stitch
so if we spoke or we laughed
or we joked or we danced
or even if i sighed many or cried
a small part of a lost past
or lead role in my life's scroll
or indeed i in yours
whilst some stitches get broke
if a tear drop
or a memory
or both tonight i provoke
be thankful
as i thank you
thank you
for a beautiful beautiful strong stitch!

2 comments:

doug said...

Really nice stuff. Great blog too!

doug said...

Oh I forgot.....firssssssttt!!!!!!!