Wednesday 21 January 2009

The strength of the unspoken word

Sometimes things are better left unsaid. These words could be unspoken because they are uncomfortable or obvious or unexplored. Whatever the reason, need we ask? If we search ourselves, the answer couldn’t be any clearer! Sometimes having the answer delivered in a platter in the form of words is all we desire because we need to have confirmation, because we are scared to be right or wrong, because we are scared to draw our own (unfavourable) inferences or just need to hear a voice that is not the one in our heads.

Humans are blessed with instinct. We hide inside the ‘I don’t know cloud’ because the sky is a bit daunting. ‘I never saw it coming’ is usually another way of saying ‘I totally ignored it and now I have to deal with it!’, ‘He loves me, he loves me not’ is gobbledygook and there is no such thing as an ambiguous smile when the smiler has eyes! If we read the signals using our senses, especially the sixth one, the strength of the unspoken word is so intoxicatingly in our faces, it’s too hard to miss! What we then do with the information is what makes the difference between right or wrong, happiness or sadness, strength or weakness. The point is it’s unspoken, but not unheard!

So to you at the cross roads not knowing if to turn left or right, I think you do know!

p.s and to you who claim not to have the foggiest idea what I am on about, I suggest to you that indeed you do. Dig deep!

3 comments:

doug said...

‘I never saw it coming’ is usually another way of saying ‘I totally ignored it and now I have to deal with it!’


I totally agree with you on that one. And its particularly annoying the way people seem to think that they have no control when they're in love with someone...especially when the person is walking all over them.

You left a comment on my blog saying you had questions for me. I'm all ears...or is it eyes?

chinazo said...

"if we read the signals using our senses, especially the sixth one, the strength of the unspoken word is so intoxicatingly in our faces" i totally agree

most times we decide not 2read d signals at all. reason: we already know d ans and like u said it’s too hard to miss! so....... dont read d signals till u r ready.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, there is something about the 'unspoken' word that is so deep it seemingly rings in time.